|Blower:||150 CFM @ 0.0″ WG|
|Power:||580 Watts @ 80°F and 60% RH|
|Supply Voltage:||115 VAC – 1 Phase – 60 Hz|
|Current Draw:||5.1 Amps|
|Energy Factor:||2.4 L/kWh|
|Operating Range:||Between 49°F and 95°F Max|
|Sized For:||Up to 1,800 Sq. Ft. – Typical|
|Minimum Performance at 80°F and 60% RH|
|Water Removal:||70 Pints/Day|
|Air Filter:||Standard MERV 13, Mini Pleat;
Size: 9″ x 11″ x 1″
Efficiency: 65% ASHRAE Dust Spot
Optional MERV 14 Embossed Pleat;
Size: 20″ x 24″ x 4″
Efficiency: 95% ASHRAE Dust Spot
|Power Cord:||9′, 115 VAC, Ground|
|Drain Connection:||¾″ Threaded Female NPT|
|Drain Hose:||⅝″ ID x 8′ Direct Gravity Drain Hose|
|Dimensions:||12″W x 12″H x 28″L|
- The indoor air return should come from an open area on the first floor or main level of the home / building.
- The Ultra-Aire supply can be ducted into the forced air system past the air conditioning coil. The duct connection should be perpendicular to the air flow. You may also run an independent supply directly from the dehumidifier into a large open room. Depending on the application, multiple returns and or supplies may be needed.
- The optional six inch fresh air intake should be located at least six feet away from any exhaust ports, such as, dryer, range hood, or combustion device exhaust. Intake location should be consistent with local codes.
- A section of flex duct or vibration absorbing duct should be located between the connections of the Ultra-Aire ductwork and the forced air system ductwork. (When ducting into the forced air systems)
- A back draft damper should be installed when ducting into the forced air system. This prevents counter-flow of the A/C supply air through the UA 70H. A back draft damper is not needed when ducted independently.
- If placed over a finished area, a secondary drip pan is recommended.
- Indoor air return should come from an open area of the first or second floor.
- The Ultra-Aire supply should be ducted into the forced air system supply beyond the air conditioning coil. The duct connection should be perpendicular to the air flow.
- An optional eight inch tee fitting with an adjustable blade damper on the straight run may be attached at the Ultra-Aire supply. This allows for increased air flow to the basement/crawlspace during the summer months.
- The optional six inch fresh air intake should be located at least six feet away from any exhaust ports, such as, dryer, range hood, or combustion device exhaust. Intake location must be consistent with local codes.
- A section of flex duct or vibration absorbing duct should be located between the connections of the Ultra-Aire ductwork and the forced air system ductwork.
- The backdraft damper prevents counter-flow of the A/C supply air through the Ultra-Aire 70H.
The Ultra-Aire 70H is the first compact, high-efficiency, whole house ventilating dehumidifier designed to fit in tight, low-clearance applications. The unit removes up to 70 pints per day, is ENERGY STAR® rated, and provides effective air filtration (MERV 13). The Ultra-Aire 70H is designed to handle up to 1,800 sq. ft, which makes it ideal for a small home, condo, or apartment application. The unit can be tied into a forced air duct system, ducted with separate ducting, or used in a freestanding application. It can be installed in mechanical rooms, closets, attics, basements, and crawlspaces.
The Ultra-Aire 70H has an innovative cabinet design that easily converts to either vertical or horizontal airflow discharge which allows for easier installation in tight spaces. Flexible airflow configurations allow the Ultra-Aire 70H to be installed in locations where other dehumidifiers don’t fit due to duct issues and size constraints.
Optional fresh outdoor air may be ducted to the unit via a “T” to the inlet duct. This provides fresh air to dilute pollutants and maintain a normal oxygen content in the air. The amount of fresh air ventilation can be regulated by a variety of dampers and controls.
The Ultra-Aire 70H includes air filtration to improve indoor air quality. A MERV 13 media filter is standard. An optional external MERV 14 filter box and deep pleated 95% media filter is available for optimum air filtration and to reduce potentially harmful airborne particles. If the optional filter is chosen, a standard filter operates as a prefilter.