Fixed Discharge Diffusers SSEA SSFA Carnes
High capacity unit with low sound levels, suitable for large spaces where no discharge adjustment is required.
- Available in heavy gauge steel or aluminum construction.
- Aluminum available through size 18 only.
- Core is easily removed for installation or maintenance.
- Neck sizes 4” through 36”.
- Neck is sized to fit over duct for minimum air leakage.
- Discharge is fixed horizontal setting.
- Center button is removable for easy access to damper.
- Standard finish is Carnes electrocoat acrylic baked enamel. Other finishes are available upon request.
- The standard color is #11 bright white. Other colors are available on request.
- Safety chain (Option S) prevents damage or injury when removing core by connecting the core to the form.
- Gasket (Option G) minimizes air leaks around edge of diffuser.
- Sizes 14” and smaller can be set in a 24”x24” T-bar panel (Option T) for easier installation (p. A21).
- When specifying damper for sizes 4-24, use opposed blade round damper model KXRA (p. A427).
- When specifying damper for sizes 28-36, use radial deflector damper model KXNA (p. A430).
T-bar Panel Option T
Use with Models SSEA and SSDB to result in easier, lower cost, quicker and higher quality installation of round diffusers in suspended ceilings
- Diffuser sizes 14” and smaller can be set in a panel to fit 24” x 24” T-bar ceilings.
- This panel will work with 9/16”, 15/16” or 1-1-/2” flat face T-bar.
- Panels to fit other types and sizes of suspended ceilings are available on request.
- Panel construction is steel.
- Note that the diffuser inlet is still oversized to fit the duct inside. This eliminates air leakage, but requires the use of hard duct connection to the diffuser.