Dehumidifier XT205H Ultra-Aire
|Blower:||526 CFM @ 0.0″ WG
495 CFM @ 0.2″ WG
458 CFM @ 0.4″ WG
|Power:||1,525 Watts @ 80°F and 60% RH|
|Supply Voltage:||115 VAC – 1 Phase – 60 Hz
Requires Dedicated 20 Amp Circuit
|Current Draw:||13.2 Amps|
|Energy Factor:||2.7 L/kWh|
|Operating Range:||Between 49°F and 95°F Max|
|Sized For:||Up to 5,000 Sq. Ft. – Typical|
|Minimum Performance at 80°F and 60% RH|
|Water Removal:||205 Pints/Day|
|Duct Connections:||6″ Round Inlet
10″ Round Inlet
10″ Oval Outlet
|Air Filter:||Standard MERV 13
Size: 16″ x 20″ x 2″
Efficiency: 65% ASHRAE
Optional MERV 14
Size: 20″ x 24″ x 4″
Efficiency: 95% ASHRAE
|Power Cord:||9′, 115 VAC, Ground|
|Drain Connection:||¾″ Threaded Female NPT|
|Dimensions:||20.25″W x 21.75″H x 41.5″L|
- The indoor air return should come from an open area on the first floor or main level of the home / building.
- The Ultra-Aire supply can be ducted into the forced air system past the air conditioning coil. The duct connection should be perpendicular to the air flow. You may also run an independent supply directly from the dehumidifier into a large open room. Depending on the application, multiple returns and or supplies may be needed.
- The optional six inch fresh air intake should be located at least six feet away from any exhaust ports, such as, dryer, range hood, or combustion device exhaust. Intake location should be consistent with local codes.
- A section of flex duct or vibration absorbing duct should be located between the connections of the Ultra-Aire ductwork and the forced air system ductwork. (When ducting into the forced air systems)
- A back draft damper should be installed when ducting into the forced air system. This prevents counter-flow of the A/C supply air through the UA XT205H. A back draft damper is not needed when ducted independently.
- If placed over a finished area, a secondary drip pan is recommended.
- Indoor air return should come from an open area of the first or second floor.
- The Ultra-Aire supply should be ducted into the forced air system supply beyond the air conditioning coil. The duct connection should be perpendicular to the air flow.
- An optional ten inch tee fitting with an adjustable blade damper on the straight run may be attached at the Ultra-Aire supply. This allows for increased air flow to the basement/crawlspace during the summer months.
- The optional six inch fresh air intake should be located at least six feet away from any exhaust ports, such as, dryer, range hood, or combustion device exhaust. Intake location must be consistent with local codes.
- A section of flex duct or vibration absorbing duct should be located between the connections of the Ultra-Aire ductwork and the forced air system ductwork.
- The backdraft damper prevents counter-flow of the A/C supply air through the Ultra-Aire XT205H.
The Ultra-Aire XT205H is the largest capacity whole house residential dehumidifier on the market. The unit removes up to 205 pints of water per day and retains the same cabinet size as the XT105H and the XT155H. Ideally suited for large homes with high ceilings, the XT205H effectively conditions inside humid air and provides the proper amount of fresh air ventilation for homes up to 5,000 square feet.
As is standard with all Ultra-Aire products, the UA XT205H will effectively dehumidify down to 56°F and will provide outstanding performance, providing whole home comfort all year round. The Ultra-Aire XT205H is controlled by a variety of 24-volt remote wired controls that can be used for many applications.
Optional fresh outdoor air may be ducted to the unit via a six inch round duct. This provides fresh air to dilute indoor pollutants and maintain high oxygen content in the air. The amount of fresh air ventilation can be regulated by a variety of dampers and controls.
The Ultra-Aire XT205H includes air filtration to improve indoor air quality. A MERV 13 media filter is standard. An optional external MERV 14 filter box and deep pleated 95% media filter is available for optimum air filtration and to reduce potentially harmful airborne particles. If the optional filter is chosen, a standard filter operates as a prefilter.